Syfy Shorts entry is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a short film. Judging has now commenced and winners will be notified shortly. Good Luck!
Do you have a story to tell? The imagination-driven channel Syfy that brings classic science fiction like Stargate to cult favourites like Battlestar Galactica, is kicking off its first short film competition in Asia and wants you to show Asia your imaginative shorts. Are you keen? Syfy Shorts is for anyone passionate about the Syfy genre and the chosen short film which blows the minds of our judges and viewers will get to be on Syfy for all of Asia to watch! Renowned film-making experts are lending their expertise to determine which shorts are hot. They are Singaporean filmmaker Eric Khoo (23: 59, Be With Me), Mike Wiluan, Managing Director of the award-winning visual effects and animation studio Infinite Frameworks, Taiwanese director Lin Yu-Hsien (Jump Boys!) and programming veteran David Gunson, Vice President of Universal Networks International's South East Asia Channels. Send in your short film now!
To enter: Submit two DVD copies of your short film together with the completed registration form via mail to Syfy:
ATTN: Syfy SHORTS
Syfy Marketing Department
NBCU Global Networks Asia Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road. #06-01
Syfy Shorts entry criteria:
- The short film must be less than 5 minutes in duration.
- We will consider short film submission within the Syfy genre of: science fiction, paranormal, action, adventure and fantasy. The theme of ‘imagine greater’ must be incorporated as the storyline or used as a phrase in the dialogue/narrative.
- Entries must be original and produced by the participant.
- Participants are to be 18 years of age and older and reside in Asia (excluding Australia and New Zealand).
- The short film can be in English language or in a local language with English subtitles.
- Entries must be sent by 31 January 2012 to qualify.